FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Richmond, VA – (October 28, 2010) The entrepreneurs and businesses honored are Venture Forum cities 25 area firms.
The Venture Forum, a local organization that promotes entrepreneurship, marked its 25th anniversary yesterday by honoring 25 of the Richmond area’s most successful entrepreneurial businesses of the past 25 years.
About 200 people attended the celebration, including Dan Neuwirth, CEO and director of Agility healthcare Solutions LLC, and Slaughter Fitz-Hugh, founder and chief operations officer of CapTech Ventures, Inc.
By honoring successful entrepreneurs, the Venture Forum wants to showcase Richmond-area talent and inspire people to become entrepreneurs, even at a time when the economy is struggling, said Carl Johnson, president of NBI Advisors in Henrico County and chairman of the Venture Forum’s anniversary event.
“The goal is to show that the Richmond area has a critical mass of good, entrepreneurial companies, because that is what will attract venture capital firms and investors and new businesses,” he said.
The entrepreneurs and businesses honored are:
• Bryan Bostic; 2bTechnology, Inc.
• Dan Neuwirth and Fran Dirksmeier; Agility Healthcare Solutions, LLC
• William H. Goodwin, Jr.; CCA Industries
• Dean Dodrill; Amteva Technologies
• Jeff Veatch, Win Sheridan and Brian Callaghan; Apex Systems, Inc.
• Theo J. de Wolff; Robcar Investments, LLC
• Dr. David Bostwick; Bostwick Laboratories
• Richard D. Fairbank and Nigel W. Morris; Capital One Financial
• Sandy Williamson and Slaughter Fitz-Hugh; CapTech Ventures, Inc.
• Austin Ligon and Richard L. Sharp; CarMax, Inc.
• Robert L. Lynch; CyMed, Inc.
• Ting Xu; Evergreen Enterprises
• James E. Ukrop; First Market Bank
• Christopher H. Williams and H. Hiter Harris III: Harris Williams & Company
• Tonya Mallory; Health Diagnostic Laboratories, Inc.
• Gordy Fox; Home Care Delivered, Inc.
• Karen Booth Adams; Hot Technology Holdings
• Evan T. Edwards and Eric S. Edwards; Intelliject, LLC
• Scott Walker and William Loving; Ironworks Consulting
• Gary D. LeClair and Dennis M. Ryan; LeClair Ryan
• Ron Moore and Stan Maupin; Office America
• Jim Brady; Payerpath, Inc.
• Stuart Holt; Response Marketing Group, LLC
• Shawn Boyer and Dave Bosher; SnagAJob
• John Whitlock; The Whitlock Group
• John Reid Blackwell
Transact Capital is an independent mergers and acquisitions advisory firm headquartered in Richmond, VA with offices in Roanoke, VA, Lexington, KY, and Orlando, FL. Transact focuses on the needs of small privately held companies with less than $100 million in revenues. With extensive experience in owning, running, or investing in private companies or divisions of public companies, the firm’s principals are able to help many business owners exit their companies or explore other opportunities.
To learn more about Transact Capital, please call Steve Zacharias at 804-323-6868 ext. 102 or send an e-mail to Steve at Steve@TransactCapital.com.